Friday 19 October 2012

In Case I'm Asleep


Well, writing every night seems to have become a habit, so I thought to continue just to ease my mind and create some routine until Sunday comes around and I leave for home. I'm feeling better tonight but the day didn't start this way and I'm thankful for progress - I am starting to think that the Universe has not forgotten me; not at a time like this. 

There were arguments and bickering earlier in the day, along with a feeling of utter hopelessness, but I'm pleased to realize that I have written this in past tense and the evening feels much more peaceful. A 'walk' in the cool autumn air with a great trance mix playing seemed to clear my thoughts up quite nicely, and a pleasant dinner date patched up the day, planting a seed of acceptance somewhere in my unconscious. 

This apartment is always so cold - I am definitely missing the cozy feel of my place and the luxury of chilling in a towel all day, but maybe these few days were necessary because I'm really starting to see how far I have come in a matter of a year. It is making me realize that what I set out for originally is well within reach and these ups and downs and cracks in between will not be permitted to slow me down. 

I admit that people have stepped over their boundaries and triggered some emotions that are both uncalled for and unnecessary, but what's enlightening is the self-love that allows me to tune it out. I refuse to adopt any negative energy - my time is of value, and thankfully enough, it is almost Sunday. I cannot wait to dive into my white leather platform bed, freed from what feels like an unpleasant dream. Pinch me if I happen to be asleep. Goodnight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment